The API provides REST-based and streaming access to a range of popular asset classes (including indices, forex, commodities, binaries and options), and includes functionality to:
- Trade using risk management tools such as stops and limits
- View real-time and historical market prices
- Analyse market instrument and client sentiment information
- Review account balances and trade history
IG already offers a well-established FIX API for corporate clients, but now with its new REST Trading API, IG's technology platform becomes much more easily and widely accessible, allowing for example:
- Corporate partner integration without the start-up costs and complexity of FIX
- Trading strategy automation
- Retail trading app development
The REST Trading API labs site offers getting started guides, API documentation, a downloadable sample trading app, and an interactive API companion app for trying out the REST APIs.
The API will only be available in the UK initially, but the wider roll-out is imminent, so be sure to follow the labs site on Facebook or Twitter for updates.
· ComputerWorld: IG opens up web API to allow traders to develop own financial apps
· Forex Crunch: IG Labs aims to give traders more control of the way they trade
· ForexMagnates: IG Opens API to Public Development, Launches IG Labs
· FOW.com: IG rolls out new tech offering for traders